Read this in: German
How you can avoid the airport immigration line
I think everyone knows how it feels just before you land. Especially when this is the beginning of your vacation. When you land on US Ground the realty holds you back very fast. You see thousand of people (feels like that) and you know that you will wait for hours and hours. Maybe the smile on your face will be gone in seconds. Most of all if you have kids and they keep asking you “when will we get out?” “can I sit somewhere?”. Great start for your vacation.
Mobile Passport Control (MPC)
What would you do if I say to you that there is an authorized app to expedite a traveler’s entry process into the United States for US and Canadian Citizen’s? How does this sound?
Mobile Passport Control (MPC) will allow travelers to submit their passport information and customs declaration form via a smartphone with Android and IOS.
Apple Users can download the app for free from Apple’s App Store.
What do you have to do:
- Download the Mobile Passport Control App from the Apple App Store prior to arriving
- Create a profile with your passport information
- Complete the “New Trip” section upon arrival in the United States
- Submit your customs declaration form through the app to receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code. This receipt will expire four hours after being issued
- Bring your passport and smartphone or tablet with your digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer
Frequently asked questions are available on the Travel section of the CBP.gov website.
Did you know that almost 1,92 Millions Germans traveled to the US ? That is quite a lot of German tourism I would say. 😉